Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, March 3, 2011

WHAT?!?! We're clear?!?!

We received news this morning that WE ARE CLEARED by the US Embassy!!! I almost fell out of my chair when I saw the email. I am still shocked. It happened so much more quickly than I thought. We officially passed court only 3 weeks ago. Our agency director said he needed our choices for them to schedule an interview. Jason and I kind of laughed...we were like duh...as soon as we can possibly get it. :) He told us next week is already booked, so we asked for the following week. I am hoping that we hear something tomorrow morning. If we can get an interview for the week of the 14th, we could be leaving as early as next weekend. CRAZY!!!

I went to the gym and pounded out a little over 4 miles on the treadmill...I guess I was going on adrenaline. :)  While I was running, I couldn't help but think about how our baby is FINALLY coming home. Oh how we have longed for the day he will be in our arms FOREVER. It's weird that we are almost to the finish line when I think back to when we first started this race. And I can look back and see God's hand in it all. He has chosen the perfect child for us and the perfect time to bring him home...and that happens to be very soon!!!

I think it will really sink in when we know our actual interview date and can make our flight arrangements. I have a feeling that I'm in for a sleepless night, praying that we wake up to a date.

    "Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever."  
    Psalm 107:1

1 comment: