Monday, December 27, 2010
Friday, December 3, 2010
You have a court date of 1/28/11.
Pretty plain jane if you ask me. But, I don't care...I literally jumped up and down. Cried for a second. Took a lap around the house. And then called Jason. No answer. That's ok. He'll call back. 2 minutes later I call him again. (I'm SUPER impatient) No answer. I send him a text. I call his government cell. I call his personal cell. This goes on for about 3 hours. He was in a meeting...go figure. Anyway...I finally got to tell Daddy that we have a court date and we will be traveling to Ethiopia in January.
I gotta tell ya that after it all sunk in and I really thought about it, I was disappointed. That's 2 months away. That means Levi can't come home until March-ish. He'll be almost 9 months old. I want him now. I went to PWOC the next day, and my sweet friend Marta, gently chastised me for not being grateful for the court date. She reminded me that we prayed for a court date, and God delivered. Talk about a smack in the face. Thank you Marta for reminding me of God's goodness and helping me to be grateful for the blessing of a court date.
Since the news of our date, I've been a little overwhelmed with thinking about the plans of our trip. Unfortunately, I don't think our agency is being all that helpful. I won't go into details, but I feel like I've learned more about the trip from stalking other blogs. Its super frustrating to feel so in the dark when preparing for such a big trip. I feel like every time I ask questions, I'm a bother to the staff at our agency.
At the end of the day, what makes me happy, is knowing that next month we get to meet our baby. We get to hold him. kiss him. love on him. and tell him just how much we love him. That makes me happy.
I feel like I should add some kind of picture. I hate reading tons of words and seeing no pictures on other people's blogs. So...this is random, but here is the most recent picture we have. It's from family day for Jason's unit. Some of the guys (including Jason) spent a week in the field, and then they invited us out for a few hours. We explored some tank like vehicles. Watched them shoot stuff. Ate chow. (gross) And sat through a change of command ceremony. Jason prayed since he's the chaplain and all...he looked super cute...I was looking!!!
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Saturday, November 13, 2010
Thursday, October 28, 2010
- Jason came home!! Words cannot even describe the joy that comes with seeing your husband for the first time after a year long deployment. I'm pretty sure that it was the happiest day of my life...maybe second to the day we got married.
- We went on vacation...to Mexico!! We stayed at the Catalonia Riviera Maya. It was beautiful. The food was great. We had perfect weather. And it was so nice. To just be together without a care in the world.
- We went home. We visited Jason's family in Tulsa. And then we visited my family in St. Louis. While in St. Louis, Jason officiated his first wedding. (he was awesome!!)
- We went to Phoenix with friends from Ft Bliss to see a Yankees game.
- We enjoyed a hot summer in El Paso. (lots of cornhole, bbq with friends, & even some fishing)
- Made lots of progress on the adoption. (more on that later)
- Celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary.
- Celebrated my 29th birthday. (yes, I got a shot gun)
- And most of all, just enjoyed life together. The way it should be. :)